viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

Fractional reserve banking system

So what's been up in my SS class? We had recently finished a illuminated video called "Zeitgeist Addendum" and it left me confused so I'll try my best to explain the video.

So a better way to explain how this work I'll use an example shown in the video. The government wants 10 billion so they exchange bonds with the Federal Reserve Bank (their central bank) and there appears the 10 billion. Once this is done the money goes into a bank account where 10 percent of it goes to reserve and 90 percent for loans since it is known as "excessive reserve", so let's suppose someone's ask to loan the 90 percent and then he puts it into his bank account and the 10-90 process repeats. But I don't know how, there are now 19 billion in the government account created out of thin air. That is a point I couldn't understand sorry.

Now, the second part of the video is about debts. Debts is money, literally. So if there are no debts, then there would not be any money. The reason people work is to pay off their debts. But everytime we but with out credit cards things we probably we don't need, we're in debt, so we go to work to pay those debts. And that's life about, about being in debt, we are always going to be in debt. This class and this video have taught me that we all live in debts and that in the future I'll probably shouldn't worry that much for not being in debt since it seems it is a part of life that everyone rejects to know. 

"You will be illuminated with this video"
-Me , in my mind.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario